Join us for our new Brain Injury Support Group! We welcome brain injury survivors, caregivers, and immediate family members.
Our mission is to facilitate an encouraging, educational, social and emotionally supportive meeting. Email email@example.com to join the mailing list or call 434-305-4988 for more information on the Brain Injury Support Group. Click here to join our private Facebook group!
Date: Thursday, December 6th 2018
Time: 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Location: The IX Building, 953 2nd Street SE, Suite 410 Charlottesville, VA 22902. We are trying different time slots for the first few meetings, and by January we will have a finalized time.
Please take a moment to read about our group:
If you or someone you love has been affected by brain injury, join us as we come together to support one another and share our stories. All survivors, immediate family and caregivers are welcome to join us as we discuss and listen to others who have shared in our pain. Surviving a brain injury is a life-changing experience. As no two injuries are the same, recovery requires considerable time and patience and survivors frequently need more help than they were used to. Support is a very important aspect to recovery for both the survivor and caretaker.
Our mission for this room is to be:
• Neutral Ground – Avoid political comments or posts unless it directly is related to brain injury/medical happenings. Avoid religious comments or posts to maintain a neutral field for conversation and respect for others.
• Supportive – Ask caring questions; listen attentively to the answers.
• Inspirational – Reassure others that life gets better.
• Educational – Talk about what’s worked for you and others; make suggestions.
• Motivational – Encourage action and acknowledge improvement.
• Practical – Offer options, helpful tips and resource information.
• Life-affirming – Don’t deny, judge, or devalue the feelings of others. This creates a safe environment for members to disclose their problems.
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday December 6th, 2018 at 5:30pm!
-BridgeLine Brain Injury Support Group Team